- Lizza Toast Squares, sliced in half
- Sliced cheese of your choice - we would suggest mozzarella, cheddar, or even brie if you want extra flavour
Sometimes you just need a quick and easy, pick-me-up, indulgent snack or light meal. This grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect way to upgrade a simple snack into proper comfort food. Use our Lizza Toast Squares to make it gluten free and keto!
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Coat the outside of the toast squares in a thin layer of mayonnaise (yes - that’s right! Trust us.)
- Sandwich your cheese inside the toast squares.
- Melt a little butter in the frying pan.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and gently press with a spatula for even toasting.
- Turn the sandwich over once the bottom is a lovely golden brown.
- Remove from the pan once the cheese has melted nicely and both sides are golden brown.
- Slice the grilled cheese sandwich diagonally and serve.
You can easily upgrade your grilled cheese sandwich by adding caramelised onions, add a bit of kick with some sliced jalapeño peppers, or add cream cheese for a little extra comfort food! There are hundreds of possibilities and combinations to choose from for your grilled cheese sandwich!