- 100g Lizza Seed Powder Bread
- 2g dry yeast
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 100 ml lukewarm water
- 4 slices aubergine (1/2 inch thick)
- 25g mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Lizza Organic Tomato Sauce
- 10 spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
[button text="Buy Bread" type="primary" link="/products/seed-power-bread-baking-mix"]
Preparation time: 1 hour (bread) + 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 5 minutes (bread) + 15 minutes
- Mix baking mix with 2g dry yeast, ½ tsp maple syrup and 100ml of lukewarm water and knead.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (tp/bottom heat).
- Knead the dough again briefly and put it into an approx 20cm well-greased loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan on an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and bake at 180°C for about 65 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Turn it out of the pan and let it cool down completely before cutting it.
- Grill the aubergine pieces on a griddle pan until tender.
- Spread tomato sauce on Lizza seed powder bread slices. Place Mozzarella slices on top followed by grilled aubergine pieces. Place spinach leaves on top to complete the sandwich.
Vegan option: To make this dish plant-based, please replace Mozzarella cheese with fresh homemade cashew cream or store-bought Vegan Mozzarella cheese.
Nutritional information (per serving): 212 kcal, 15g carbs, 10g fats, 12,5g protein, 3g sugar, 7g fibre.